"Workplace Success" August, 2010
Zonta's LifeForward workshops meet a critical need in the Santa Clarita Valley by offering programs and workshops that are designed to empower women. Experienced instructors present topics that support economic independence and self-sufficiency.
For details about the next workshop, click here
Savia Community Center
23780 Newhall Avenue, Newhall, CA
Free Workshop Series
The following workshop topics are planned for the 3rd or 4th Saturday of each month, except for December, which is dark.
- June 18 - Increase Confidence & Celebrate!
- Aug 20th Communication & Relationship Skills - Work, Family & Life!
Panel Presentation - Doris Marie Zimmer, Life Coach; Alex Urbina, Transformational Coach
- Sep 17th Anger Management
- A moment to exhale! – Dr. Patricia Patton, Therapist
- Oct 15th Self Esteem—Feel Good About Yourself!
- Shana Williams, Facilitator- an interactive workshop
- Nov 19th Cyberbullying & Social Media;
Drug Paraphernalia - Sheriff’s Department; Alcohol & Drug Abuse- Bob Sharits, Action Family Counseling
- December – Dark
- Jan 21th Understanding & Filing Taxes
– Laura Troost, CPA
- Feb 18th Career Management, Network, Write a Resume & Interview
- Mar 18th You Got the Job or Promotion – Congratulations, Now What? Performance & Teamwork!
-Maria Alexander, Executive Director – Center of Living & Learning
- Apr 22nd Your Health & Well Being – Eat Right & Exercise! – Heart Healthy & Diabetic Foods
– McKenzie Hall Jones, Registered Nutritionist;
- May 20th Recognize Potential; Overcome Life Challenges; Fulfill Dreams!
- Aazam Irilian
- Awards for Attendance & Achievements, Network & Celebrate
- Jun 17th Divorce and Family Law Issues - Sources of Child Support
The following services offered support the workshop topics presented each month.
- Single Mothers Outreach (SMO) offers a comprehensive course on finances called Financial Peace University, in Spanish and English, throughout the year. The course provides information about how to save and how to understand your money. For more information, call Jennifer Kennedy at 661-288-0117. This course will change your life!.
Job Search Assistance
- Santa Clarita WorkSource Center offers free “how to” job search, resume building, and interview skills, contact: 661-799-9675
- COC Career Center offers free lunch-time workshops – Identifying skills for the job; job search; resume writing; interviewing techniques, contact: 661-362-3286
Single Mothers Outreach
Job Search Assistance
• Santa Clarita WorkSource Center offers free "how to" job search, resume building, and interview skills, contact: 661-799-9675
• COC Career Center offers free lunch-time workshops – Identifying skills for the job; job search; resume writing; interviewing techniques, contact: 661-362-3286
Lifeforward workshops are sponsored by Zonta Club of Santa Clarita Valley and the LA County Commission for Women in collaboration with Single Mothers Outreach, Victim of Domestic Violence, Habitat for Humanity SFV/SCV Returning Women Veterans, & LA County Department of Children & Family Services serving Single Moms.
Information is available as a printable flyer. Please click on the image for the PDF file.
August 2016 Workshops
Kristin Jordan is a Physician Assistant in Santa Clarita. She has been working with Dr. Terrazzino in his Internal Medicine practice for the past six years since she graduated from the University of Southern California.
- website: www.nourishRDs.com
- Find our recipes and nutrition tips on the Nourish RDs Blog
- Follow us on Facebook
- Follow us on Twitter
- Follow us on Instagram
- Favorite Recipes
Techniques of Networking - Importance for Job Search & on the Job
Director, Career Center, COC
Resume Writing -- Market Your Skills!
Jo Ann Rodriguez
Aerospace HR Manager, Retired
Effective Interviewing Techniques
Wendy Amara, Anthony Michaelides, & Jo Ann Rodriguez
Networking, Interviewing, & Resume Q&A