"Workplace Success" August, 2010
Zonta's LifeForward workshops meet a critical need in the Santa Clarita Valley by offering programs and workshops that are designed to empower women. Experienced instructors present topics that support economic independence and self-sufficiency.
For details about the next workshop, click here
Savia Community Center
23780 Newhall Avenue, Newhall, CA
Free Workshop Series
The following workshop topics are planned for the 3rd or 4th Saturday of each month, except for December, which is dark.
For more information contact Single Mothers Outreach or Phyllis Walker
- Continue My Education – Why? Why Not? - July 20th , Deborah Rio, Dean, Enrollment Services- COC; Renard Thomas, Director of Adult Reentry & Veterans Center- COC; Cheryl Wasserman-Golden Oaks Adult School; Cherise Moore, Ph.D.Sr. Researcher, CALPRO/ Member Golden Oak Adult School Advisory Committee
- Life Success and Goal Setting – August 17th, Speaker(s) TBD; Information Brief - Social Services & Community Resources
- Anger Management - A moment to exhale! - September 21st , Dr. Patricia Patton, Therapist
- Increase Self Esteem & Feel Good! - October 19th, Shana Williams, Life Coach - Facilitator, interactive shared experiences
- Avoid Holiday Stress – Relax & enjoy the holidays! – November, 16th, Marilyn Ruman, Therapist; Louise Guzman, YogaWorks Studios
- December – Dark
- Learn to Network, Write a Resume, Interview - January 18th , Panel Presentation: Wendy Amara -Transformational Life Coach, Anthony Michaelides - Director COC Career Center; Mock Interview
- Understanding & Filing Taxes – February 15th, Speaker TBD
- Your Health & Well-Being! Eat Right & Exercise - March 15th , Registered Dieticians & Nutritionists, McKenzie Hall & Nina Gasow; “Dance to the Music” - Certified Jazzercize Instructor, Shauna Parnell Smith
- Women’s Health Issues – Take Care of Yourself! - April 26th,, (Importance of Sleep) – Speaker TBD
- Divorce and Family Law Issues? - May 17th, Steven Chroman, Esq.
- Sources of Child Support - Obtain Answers to Your questions!– June 21st , Steven Chroman, Esq.
The following services offered support the workshop topics presented each month.
Single Mothers Outreach (SMO) offers a comprehensive course on finances called Financial Peace University, in Spanish and English, throughout the year. The course provides information about how to save and how to understand your money. For more information, call Jennifer Kennedy at 661-288-0117. This course will change your life!.
Job Search Assistance
- Santa Clarita WorkSource Center offers free “how to” job search, resume building, and interview skills, contact: 661-799-9675
- COC Career Center offers free lunch-time workshops – Identifying skills for the job; job search; resume writing; interviewing techniques, contact: 661-362-3286
Single Mothers Outreach
Job Search Assistance
• Santa Clarita WorkSource Center offers free "how to" job search, resume building, and interview skills, contact: 661-799-9675
• COC Career Center offers free lunch-time workshops – Identifying skills for the job; job search; resume writing; interviewing techniques, contact: 661-362-3286
Lifeforward workshops are sponsored by Zonta Club of Santa Clarita Valley in collaboration with Single Mothers Outreach, Victim of Domestic Violence, Habitat for Humanity SFV/SCV Returning Women Veterans, & LA County Department of Children & Family Services serving Single Moms.
Information is available as a printable flyer. Please click on the image for the PDF file.